To thrive in such a competitive marketplace, businesses need to upgrade every aspect of their operations including their infrastructure and premises. This is especially true of industries such as retail and hospitality, where first impressions make all the difference.
The Role of Commercial Outdoor Shades
Various aspects of the exterior and interior décor of a building can evoke positive responses from visitors, residents, and others who frequent the premises. This does not imply that the company has to invest in expensive or flashy décor, but rather attend to some of the finer details that can make significant differences to appearance. And outdoor shades can make a big improvement.
Commercial motorized shades are a great example of a simple décor element that can make a huge difference in exterior aesthetics. And they come with some other great benefits as well. Exterior shades keep out the excessive glare and heat from sunlight, without affecting visibility or losing out on the advantages of natural lighting.
Source: Hunter Douglas
Ultimately visitors to your location now can have a better ambience and comfort level while you save on air-conditioning and other utility expenses too!
Benefits and Advantages of Outdoor Shades:
- Better protection against UV rays: UV rays are known to cause skin cancer in certain categories of individuals. Outdoor shades help minimize the solar heat gain as well as direct exposure to sunlight; there is no need to use artificial lighting or compromise on visibility.
- Better climate control: To achieve the desired levels of ventilation, lighting and temperature, most types of outdoor shades can be raised fully up, or lowered fully down or kept anywhere in between. At the same time, they can ensure a feeling of connectedness to people and things outdoors and improve the morale of people and productivity of the workspace.
- Better aesthetics and overall ambience: Modern shades come in a variety of colors, fabrics and designs; they can complement existing window treatments too. Hotel lobbies, resorts, and conference venues can achieve a color-wash by using the right shade, and thereby add a subtle yet dramatic effect to the interiors.
- Branding opportunities: Digitally printed shades can carry logos of the company or its products, taglines, photos, images, any merchandising information and motifs that serve to enhance the brand persona and memory recall.
Trends and Advances in Commercial Outdoor Shades
- Motorized shades: Motorized shades make possible precise positioning compared to manually operated ones.
- Increased use of remote control: Wireless remote controls reduce the need for electrical wiring, and ensure light and clean overall assembly. No wonder, they find increased use.
- 99-100% light control: Solar screens can block out 99% of the sun’s rays. Blackout screens can mask light completely, while still allowing for some visibility of the exteriors.
- Insect solar screen: Current versions of shades combine screening of light with that of insects, making it very convenient and adding value for the money spent.
- Home automation integration: Open architecture window shades integrate seamlessly with home automation systems, allowing users to manage the shades remotely through their smartphones.
Source: Hunter Douglas
Window shades have become more complex and sophisticated with multiple controls, settings and variations. You would do well to engage a professional décor company who can give you expert advice on the best possible options suited to your unique needs.
Looking for a Free Estimate for Commercial Shades?
If you need help choosing the right commercial shades, or have other questions about our products or installation we’d be glad to answer them for you!
Connect with us to discuss your custom shades project.